PostgreSQL support

Aug 11, 2008 at 3:47 AM
Stain, great job!! This is exactly what we were looking, a code generators, with extendable database, tables and record custom attributes.

Since we are using PostgreSQL, I already started development of PostgreSQL support. If you are interested, I can upload complete source (project) or just PostgreSQLDataSchema.vb when it's finished.
Coordinator
Aug 14, 2008 at 6:27 AM

Updated new version that will make support this better, including a port property. Send me the finished version and I will include in next build.

Regards,

Stein
Aug 21, 2008 at 2:51 PM
Hi Stain,

Have you notice something worng in the populate database in the new version, because I'm not getting the information about the tables in the databases, I just retrieve the names of each database, but with no more info...

:S

is it me?

Best Regards.

Coordinator
Aug 21, 2008 at 11:30 PM

I haven't had any issues. I tested this build against SQL 2000, 2005 and even 2008 RC0. I haven't really tested against Express versions. This build actually fixes an issues where tables that don't use the default dbo schema (such as Adventureworks sample database) are now processed correctly. The other change is executing sp_fkeys stored procedure against tables to get tables that use it in a relationship. Maybe try executing this against a table in SQL query analyzer (if you have access to it). The syntax is EXEC sp_fkeys tablename.

Are you using a user id/logon with full access to the database?

Stein
Aug 22, 2008 at 3:55 AM
I'm asking because is very odd, I'm running a local MySQL 5.0 server and connect with root privilegies...

You said that you test it against MS SQL... I guess then that the problem is MySQL, YacGen has any know issues with it?

the other thing to say is that in the previous version I also get an error but at least I got some tables processed, with the new version like I said I get only the tables names but no info ... :S

Best reggards.

PS: I only wish a could understand the source code :(

Aug 22, 2008 at 4:07 AM
Never mind, I do read carefully and...

Designed to support multiple database schemas (Currently only Microsoft SQL Server)

I think I miss that in the first place and only see the combo box with the MySQL option.

Greets..

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2008 at 4:58 AM

Yes, currently supports MS SQL Server. I don't work with MySQL, just played with it a bit and started on the provider just to try it out but never finished it.
Aug 22, 2008 at 1:50 PM
Edited Aug 22, 2008 at 1:51 PM
What About Oracle?

if the answer is not, can you tell me the actual format of the dao file, so I can write some mini app to make the file for YacGen.. :D

thanks in advantage...

Aug 22, 2008 at 7:36 PM
Edited Aug 22, 2008 at 7:36 PM
Work Around for Oracle DB's

http://www.codeplex.com/YACGEN/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=34095